Tobago Underwater Sculpture Branding and Marketing Strategy
Coral reefs provide substantial economic services to many coastal communities in Tobago, particularly Buccoo. Over the years the ecosystem has been negatively impacted by overcapacity of visitors to the site and excessive pollution. As such, the Inter-American Development Bank retained our team to carry out a Financial Feasibility Study, Market Assessment and Marketing Strategy and Communication plan for a proposed Underwater Art Installation to drive traffic away from the sensitive Buccoo Reef.
- Carried out an analysis of the marketing and branding strategies and initiatives of similar underwater attractions around the world such as Grenada, the Bahamas, Lanzarote and Cancun.
- Carried out an analysis of the marketing strategies employed by the Tobago Division of Tourism to determine possible opportunities for collaboration and avoid duplication.
- Evaluated the possible marketing opportunities for the installation such as social media, website, collateral materials, brochures, trade show participation, road show participation, and traditional media such as TV, radio and print media.
- Extensive stakeholder consultations with different stakeholder groups (hoteliers, dive tour operators, boat operators, marine tourism stakeholders, public sector officials, environment stakeholders, etc.)
- Brainstormed possible branding ideas with stakeholders and design team
- Developed multiple brand concepts and tested these concepts amongst stakeholders and visitors (both domestic and international) to determine which brand was more attractive or favourable in the market
- Tested the brand concepts in the respective markets – USA, UK, Caribbean, Trinidad, Germany.
Creative Branded Artwork
Delivered the artwork for the final concept including the development of a logo, branded artwork for collateral materials, call cards, t-shirts, cups, towels, umbrellas, etc.
A New Brand for Tobago
Developed a distinct, unique, and highly-attractive brand – Water Colors.
A Comprehensive Marketing Strategy
Crafted a detailed marketing and communications strategy and action plan for up to five years.
Determined the positioning of the underwater attraction in the main source markets (UK, Germany, USA, Scandinavia and Trinidad).
Branding Strategy & Guidelines
Developed a branding strategy with comprehensive brand guidelines.
The Brand Message
Crafted different brand options and messages for future roll out.